Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Polar Caves



The Polar Caves is a great family park located in Rumney, NH. There are 9 self-guided caves to explore, all connected by boardwalks. In addition to the caves, there is also a walkway through a rock garden, ducks to feed and a rock wall to climb. They also allow you to bring a picnic inside.



We brought our first daughter about 20 years ago. I think I can speak for Dave too when I say the climbing seemed much easier back then! Our kids could have kept going but luckily for us, there were benches along the way to stop and take a break, or perhaps after some of the stairways, catch our breath!

Along the boardwalk, they gave you options to go through a cave or bypass it by continuing on the walkway. Dave happened to take my picture beside this sign but I refused to be the "chicken" and made my way through this particular cave. Madison is standing next to a sign that seems more fitting :)


On the way out, there is a fairly large gift shop. But if you are like us, you'd rather skip the shop and continue to let the kid in you have fun. And yes, the kids pretended they didn't know us after!


No comments:

Post a Comment